It is difficult to argue that New Technology is extremely important these days, that is why stepping into a virtual world is one of the priorities for the school, and it is not only about teaching a computer class but also about introducing technology as a cross-sectional tool that helps the process of learning.
From the very beginning our school has been using the most pioneering and innovative tools available, so nowadays SEK Guadalajara can be proud of serving an example of the proper use of modern technologies for educational purpose. Our students learn how to use all the newest tools that are accessible from the very first days at SEK. As further proof of the technological progress, SEK has modern facilities where anyone can notice the use of the technology and its service to education as well as to security and well-being of our students. Furthermore, our digital structure has the following elements:
- Access Point that provides internet connection in each classroom
- All our classrooms equipped with the latest generation Smart boards
- Computer lab has 26 computers with 21 inches touch screens.
- A cart with 28 Ipads which are used mainly in Infant and Elementary education
- Students and their parents have an access to the website where they may check students` grades.
- Content filtering is a powerful tool that helps us to provide safe internet navigation and use of e-mail by controlling and blocking cybercrime.
The Ipad Project 1:1
Our students of the 1st grade of secondary school work on their school tasks using only their own Ipads, obviously it can be possible through the use of E- books, access to the Internet platforms and various applications that each of the students is provided with by the institution. It is out of doubt that there is a definite focus on innovation in our daily school life.
Thus, at the same time, the rest of the school grades continue using the Ipads provided by the school when it is necessary. All these permit us to keep pursuing early formation in the use of technology and knowledge for our students ` development